Film and Television
About the Programme
The Film and Television funding programme provides support to emerging and established film and television talent capable of creating distinctive and engaging work that promotes Scotland’s creativity.
The Film and Television funding programme has an allocation of £4million for the year 2013/14.
This allocation will be applied to funding the following:
- Development, production and exploitation of feature films, feature documentaries and network television series
- Attendance at key markets and festivals
- A number of film and television talent development initiatives
New and Emerging Film Talent Development - Call for proposals
Creative Scotland, working in partnership with the BFI NET.WORK aims to provide funding for a broad range of opportunities for new and emerging filmmaking talent in Scotland.
We are seeking proposals from companies and organisations to deliver a range of programmes and initiatives to identify and support new and emerging writers, directors and producers based in Scotland who are yet to make their first feature film.
Programmes and initiatives should offer tailored talent and project specific advice, mentoring and support. Specific activities to be included in programmes and initiatives should include the following:
- Short film development and production
- Supported feature screenplay development
- Supported emerging producer focused editorial development
- Workshops, masterclasses, screenings
- Screenwriters residencies
- Support to attend international screenwriting and producer development programmes.
We welcome applications from partnerships and consortia of companies and organisations that have a strong and demonstrable track record of delivering programmes of development and production of short films, development of features films and film talent mentoring and development initiatives. Proposals should identify the lead company or organisation that will be responsible for the overall management of the programmes and initiatives.
Individuals employed to deliver the programmes or initiatives should have strong development skills and experience of identifying, nurturing and supporting new and emerging filmmaking talent.
The total funding available is £450,000.
Funding is available for activities to take place in the period January 2014 to March 2015.
Proposals will be considered by Creative Scotland Officers in consultation with the BFI Film Fund Executives.
Please submit your proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for proposals to be submitted 5pm on Friday 29th November 2013.
Film and Television Funding Routes
There are 4 routes within the funding programme that are open to applications. Full details of these routes are contained within the funding programme guidelines.
The Key Criteria that apply to all routes within the funding programme are:
- Provides significant opportunities for the creative and professional development of established and emerging writing, directing and producing talent based in Scotland.
- Promotes Scottish culture and creativity by reaching a national and international audience.
- Leverages significant co-funding.
- Provides opportunities for the professional development of technical and craft talent.
- Demonstrates the ability to be creatively and commercially successful.
Before making an application to the Film and Television funding programme we ask that you read the funding programme guidelines in full and contact a Creative Scotland Officer to discuss your proposed application. Please include the following in your email:
- Which Film and Television funding route you are enquiring about.
- A brief description of your project or activity (200 words max).
- Brief details of your past experience.
Please note - Unlike the decision making process for other funding routes, decisions on applications to the Content Production and Exploitation route will be taken on a quarterly basis. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis. Only those applications where we have received all necessary information and that have been fully assessed during the period will be presented for approval at each quarterly decision meeting.
If you are unsure about which fund to apply to or if you would benefit from additional guidance, please contact the Enquiries Service on 0845 603 6000 (10am-12pm & 2-4pm Mon - Fri, voicemail outwith these hours) or email email@example.com
Share This Page