Film and Television
About the Programme
The Film and Television funding programme provides support to emerging and established film and television talent capable of creating distinctive and engaging work that promotes Scotland’s creativity.
The Film and Television funding programme has an allocation of £4million for the year 2013/14.
This allocation will be applied to funding the following:
- Development, production and exploitation of feature films, feature documentaries and network television series
- Attendance at key markets and festivals
- A number of film and television talent development initiatives
Film and Television Funding Routes
There are 4 routes within the funding programme that are open to applications. Full details of these routes are contained within the funding programme guidelines.
The Key Criteria that apply to all routes within the funding programme are:
- Provides significant opportunities for the creative and professional development of established and emerging writing, directing and producing talent based in Scotland.
- Promotes Scottish culture and creativity by reaching a national and international audience.
- Leverages significant co-funding.
- Provides opportunities for the professional development of technical and craft talent.
- Demonstrates the ability to be creatively and commercially successful.
Before making an application to the Film and Television funding programme we ask that you read the funding programme guidelines in full and contact a Creative Scotland Officer to discuss your proposed application. Please include the following in your email:
- Which Film and Television funding route you are enquiring about.
- A brief description of your project or activity (200 words max).
- Brief details of your past experience.
Please note - Unlike the decision making process for other funding routes, decisions on applications to the Content Production and Exploitation route will be taken on a quarterly basis. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis. Only those applications where we have received all necessary information and that have been fully assessed during the period will be presented for approval at each quarterly decision meeting.
If you are unsure about which fund to apply to or if you would benefit from additional guidance, please contact the Enquiries Service on 0845 603 6000 (10am-12pm & 2-4pm Mon - Fri, voicemail outwith these hours) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share This Page