Frequently Asked Questions Browse All FAQs


What costs can I include for an album or EP recording project?

The Open Fund for Individuals is able to support the artistic and creative costs of recording an album or EP – primarily musicians’ fees and professional studio or venue hire, including engineering, production, mixing and mastering plus accommodation, travel and equipment hire. Costs relating to the pre-production, writing and rehearsal period may also be eligible. If you are including costs associated with a music video or artwork design, these should be directly related to the album or EP and must demonstrate the same creative quality as the audio recording. Costs associated with the marketing, promotion, manufacture and distribution of your (...)Read more

Can I apply for a recording project?

Yes! All recording applications are expected to meet the Open Fund criteria concerning artistic quality, reaching people, and project and financial management. It is important to clearly describe your artistic vision for the recording and the relevant experience of you, your creative collaborators and the production team. Tell us why this is the right time for you to produce this album – creatively, and in terms of the momentum it will allow you to build and/or the opportunities it will help you to access. We want to ensure that our funded projects reach a wide range of people, and so (...)Read more