Public invited to open sessions to help inform the future of Creative Scotland (22/02/2013)
The general public are today invited to attend a series of Open Sessions to help inform the future operational and policy direction of Creative Scotland. Taking place across the country throughout March and April, the sessions are being held as part of the organisation’s programme of change, the key themes of which were announced in the Board statement of 7 December 2012.
The sessions will feature guest speakers, group discussions and open debate around the following themes:
- What kind of future do people working in the arts, screen and creative industries want to see and how can Creative Scotland support that vision?
- How do we get the balance right in terms of supporting the arts, screen and the creative industries?
- What are the challenges and what are the opportunities and how can we collectively take better advantage of these?
- DCA, Dundee on 15 March (12 - 4pm)
- Dovecot, Edinburgh on 19 March (12 - 4pm)
- The Beacon, Greenock on 11 April (12 - 4pm)
- Eden Court, Inverness on 16 April (12 - 4pm)
- Sabhal Mòr Ostaig, Skye, on 23 April (12 - 4pm)
Each session will feature a combination of guest speakers, group working and open debate with up to 100 participants at each. Guest speakers will be announced shortly.
The key themes from these sessions will be captured and presented online for further discussion and contributions.
Sessions are free to attend but advance booking is required.
For more information and to book a place, visit csopensessions.com.
Follow the conversation on twitter: #csopen.
07916 137 632
07970 557 960
Share This Page