National Youth Arts Strategy
Published on 8 November 2013, Scotland's first National Youth Arts Strategy (Time to Shine) sets out a vision and key recommendations to enable Scotland’s children and young people to flourish and achieve, in and through the arts and creativity.
About the Strategy
Time to Shine is centred around three key themes:
- Creating and sustaining engagement;
- Nurturing potential and talent;
- and Developing infrastructure and support.
Over the next two years, youth arts in Scotland will benefit from £5m new funding from Scottish Government which will support initiatives based on key objectives of the strategy. The initiatives are:
- A major new open fund for organisations to develop new routes for young people to participate in and access arts and creative activity. Applications to the fund will open early in the New Year, via the Creative Scotland website.
- The development of a new national digital platform to showcase and connect young people engaged in youth arts activity.
- The establishment of a National Youth Advisory Group (NYAG). A group of young representatives from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland will be tasked with making recommendations on the make-up and role of the NYAG, working in partnership with Creative Scotland.
The full press release announcing the launch of Time to Shine can be found in the News section.
View & Download the Strategy
Time to Shine Graphic Novel and Animation
The strategy's key themes are also articulated through a specially commissioned graphic novel and animation, both which are available to view below.
Alternative versions of the above animation - including versions with subtitles, Gaelic and signing - together with a "making of" documentary can all be viewed at vimeo.com/creativescotland.
Share This Page