We are committed to improving the way we invest in the arts and creative industries in Scotland in order to effectively support a thriving creative future for Scotland.
As part of this commitment, we are undertaking a series of comprehensive sector reviews with the aim of:
- Providing an overview of the cultural ecology of each sector, the ‘state of the nation’
- Shaping our future priorities for investment
- Providing the basis for a more strategic approach to investment and commissioning, which may lead to the provision of new services
- The sector reviews are taking place through 2011/12, starting with Theatre, and followed by Visual Arts, Crafts, Dance, Music and Film.
Each review is being led by one of Creative Scotland’s Directors, with support from relevant staff. The reviews will benefit from a Steering Group, bringing different perspectives and objectivity to the process. External expertise may also be recruited to assist with the practical elements of the reviews through a tender process, if required.
As with the sectors we are focussing on, each review will be different but will broadly follow a 4-stage process;
- Audit and mapping: understanding the sector landscape and ‘where we are now’
- Sector analysis: understanding the dynamics of the sector and what this means for the future
- Gap analysis: identifying where gaps and opportunities exist
- Reporting and recommendations
- More details on each review will be announced over the coming months.
Share This Page