Insights and Ideas
Insights & Ideas is a joint project organised by Creative Scotland and Museums Galleries Scotland. The events take place on the first Thursday of every month (except January), with each café focussing on a different topic.
Details of June's Insights event will be posted here soon.
Insights & Ideas: Natural Scotland May 2013
More About Insights & Ideas
We piloted Insights and Ideas in April 2011, and the series then started with Insights & Ideas: Social Media in November 2011. There have been 13 Insights & Ideas events so far, covering topics including Philanthropy, Cultural Tourism, Rad Trad, Science, Creative Carbon and Social Enterprise
The events are café style discussion sessions with each offering an opportunity to hear from interesting speakers, discuss topics and network with academics, researchers and people working in the cultural sector. You can catch up with some of our previous events on these pages.
Since November 2011, Insights has:
- Averaged 50 attendees at each café.
- Debated with 65 speakers, from the Moray Arts Centre in Findhorn to the Robert Burns Birthplace Museum in Ayrshire.
- Heard about the Cybraphon.
- Listened to bagpipes.
- Learned about sustainability, creative ageing and using social media (twice).
- Been blogged about - by Juliet Wilson.
Share This Page